Summary of Position
A senior member of our technical team, the Wireless Network Engineer is responsible for being a technical leader or subject matter expert on specific wireless solution products or services that Pierson Wireless provides for customers. This includes when applicable knowledge of nationally accepted network standards, building codes, end-user applications, OEM offerings, related tools, and implementation practices. Assigned products or services may include cellular enhancement systems, public safety systems, 802.11 deployments, new communication technologies, and miscellaneous support telecommunication systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has a thorough understanding of the end-use application(s), the products available, the implementation or operation, and the tools or techniques required to effectively deploy assigned products or services.
- Identifies and maintains primary technical relationships with strategic OEM partners.
- Works with Sales, Design, Field Services, and Field Operations teams to develop solutions for each assigned product or service.
- Develops Pierson Wireless network standards for adopted solutions to document end-to-end solution architecture, default design requirements, design templates, required implementation tools, deployment processes and procedures, and close-out package requirements.
- Works with Field Operations to ensure field teams have access to the appropriate training.
- Offers Tier 2 technical support for product deployments, performance, general solution troubleshooting or OEM support escalation.
- Follows safety policies for safe work.
- Operates the company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe manner and follows all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Abides by all policies and procedures as identified in the Pierson Wireless handbook.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Submits all receipts and expense records.
- Maintains open and accurate communication with other employees.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Works with onsite personnel to improve all aspects of deployed systems, create documentation, and improve processes.
- Creates and maintains a list of model deployments for various OEMs.
- Interfaces with Pierson Wireless’ customers.
- Ensures systems are designed to the latest and correct standards as set forth by both Pierson Wireless and its customers.
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. installation, fabrication, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- 5% travel with overnight lodging is to be expected with the chance for more. The primary days of travel are Monday through Friday.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Electrical Engineering or related field from four-year college or university, or four years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of commercial telecommunications standards such as 3GPP LTE, Project 25 and IEEE 802.11.
- Fundamental knowledge of emerging IoT technologies such as LoRa, Zigbee, and NB-IoT.
- Working knowledge of Radio Access Networks (RAN), active and passive distributed antenna systems (DAS), and distributed radio systems.
- Working knowledge of RF Network performance.
- Working knowledge of core network architecture.
- Certificates, Licenses and registrations required:
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Solid interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to represent the company to external customers.
- Other skills preferred:
- FCC General Radio Operator’s License.
- 1+ years of iBwave experience.
- 1+ years of WiFi design and optimization.
- Fundamental knowledge of 2G and 3G technologies (GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, and EVDO), their service applications characteristics and capabilities.
- Working knowledge of service network implementations and integrations including deployment, access, core, and transport service networks.
- Working knowledge of a variety of wireless OEM products including Corning, Commscope, SOLiD, ADRF, JMA, Nokia, and Ericsson.
- Working knowledge of a variety of Public Safety OEM products including ADRF, SOLiD, Cobham, Comba, GST, Commscope, Safe-Com, and Fiplex.
- Working knowledge of wireless test equipment including WINd, Spectrum Analyzers, OTDRs, Fiber Scopes, and PIM Testers.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance – EMPLOYER pays 100% of employees’ premiums
- EMPLOYER provided Short term / Long term disability, Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment after 1 year
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match – eligible at 1 year
- Meal stipend while traveling
- Paid travel time
- Paid training/certifications
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays