Summary of Position
Responsible for designing RF systems in the IBwave design software; working with the onsite teams to understand the challenges and issues with the site in question; planning and designing systems for performance, capacity, coverage, which must be tailored to specific customer requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains open and accurate communication with Project Director, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Follows safety policies for safe work.
- Complete site walks and surveys site conditions, on occasion.
- Plans and designs systems for performance, capacity, coverage, and business needs.
- Utilizes propagation tools and other RF related equipment for site coverage review and determine limitations and boundaries of the systems.
- Works with onsite personnel and engineers to improve all aspects of system performance, creates documentation, and improves processes.
- Interfaces with Pierson Wireless’ Customers.
- Ensures systems are designed to the latest and correct standards as set forth by both Pierson Wireless and the Customer’s.
- Properly documents work performed in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Operates company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe manner and follow all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Submits receipts and expense records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Associates Degree from two-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required:
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Other skills required:
- Weekend and night work may be necessary from time to time
- AS or equivalent work experience required.
- Where formal education requirements are stated, equivalent may be substituted.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to represent the company to Customers.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance – EMPLOYER pays 100% of employees’ premiums
- EMPLOYER provided Short term / Long term disability, Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment after 1 year
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match – eligible at 1 year
- Meal stipend while traveling
- Paid travel time
- Paid training/certifications
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays