SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Install, maintain and repair wireless communications solutions under the direction of Project Foreman or Market Manager. Completing site walks to determine best installation routes and surveys site conditions; installing and connectorizes cabling per construction drawings provided for each job; completing jobsite documentation and other paperwork as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs antennas and mounts electronic equipment per iBwave and/or construction drawings.
- Is properly certified and operates hand-tools, various man-lifts, and test equipment as necessary for proper cable and equipment installation.
- Provides completed tests results to evidence proper installation by contractors.
- Maintains open and accurate communication with market manager, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Maintains daily inspection, maintenance, adjustment, and repair of equipment.
- Provides updates to Market Manger and/or Project Foreman and reports showing proper installation and testing.
- Conveys project timelines and coordinates with contractors and Customers.
- Maintains daily completion of safety review.
- Follows safety policies for safe work and works with Regional Safety Representative on any safety issues or concerns.
- Properly installs and terminates various coaxial, Cat5e, Cat6, fiber optic, ground and low voltage power cables per manufacturer standards.
- Mounts equipment per Pierson Wireless and manufacturer standards.
- Sets up racks and other equipment mounting structure.
- Uses fiber optic and RF test equipment to ensure proper equipment installation.
- Maintains labeling and documentation of all installed systems.
- Properly documents work performed in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Travel may be required during a normal business week Monday thru Friday.
- Weekend and night work may be required to complete closeout packages or other job-related construction and paperwork.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Operates company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe manner and follow all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Submits all receipts and expense records.
- Abides by all policies and procedures as identified in the Pierson Wireless handbook.
- Is cross-trained to lend support other Pierson Wireless staff and departments.
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. cleaning, moving, fabrication, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations required/preferred:
- Valid driver’s license required.
- OSHA 10 hour certified (preferred)
- OSHA 30 hour certified (preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Other skills preferred:
- Telecommunications experience (preferred)
- Low voltage cable installation experience (preferred)
- Anritsu certification (preferred)
- Fiber optic fusion splicing experience (preferred)
- Stable work history
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently works in high, precarious places
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Aerial lifts, RF Testing Equipment
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance – EMPLOYER pays 100% of employees’ premiums
- EMPLOYER provided Short term / Long term disability, Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment after 1 year
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match – eligible at 1 year
- Meal stipend while traveling
- Paid travel time
- Paid training/certifications
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays