SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for providing financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports; complying with federal, state, and municipal legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on best accounting practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Documents financial transactions.
- Coordinates with the Director of Accounting to issue purchase orders to vendors, invoice Customers, and assist with payroll functions.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains open and accurate communication with project installation teams, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Assists with any and all accounting functions.
- Coordinates with external accounting firm as necessary.
- Interfaces with Pierson Wireless’ Customers.
- Properly documents work performed in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Operates company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe manner and follow all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Submits all receipts and expense records.
- Abides by all policies and procedures as identified in the Pierson Wireless handbook.
- Is cross-trained to lend support to other Pierson Wireless staff and departments.
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. cleaning, moving, fabrication, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Stable work history.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 10 pounds
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Meal stipend while traveling
- Paid travel time
- Paid training/certifications
- Education reimbursement