Summary of Position
Responsible for coordinating installation activities in a safe and efficient manner across the entire geographic region of their supervision; overseeing Project Managers and Technicians to ensure correct and timely installations; directly interfaces with Pierson Wireless Customers to build relationships and improve processes in the Project Director’s geographic region.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Response to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Detail oriented and results driven individual, knowledgeable and competent in RF and optical distribution of RF signals.
- Focused on diving into current activities and opportunities and leveraging current activities into future business.
- Working alongside the team, from leadership to technicians advancing our customer’s projects, and the company’s goals and long term vision as a leading wireless infrastructure, engineering, and construction company.
- Committed to going above and beyond on a daily basis supporting customer projects and company initiatives.
- Willing, able and motivated to travel to support regional activities as needed.
- Maintains open and accurate communication with supervisors and subordinates.
- Ensures their project teams are aware of all new processes and completing installations as such.
- Maintains project timelines and communicates schedule and any potential disruptions with all invested parties.
- Interfaces with Pierson Wireless’ Customers.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Reviews and approves time logs of project managers and technicians under supervisory authority.
- Supervises Project Managers, Technicians, and contractors to ensure installations are being completed per customer, manufacturer and Pierson Wireless standards.
- Reviews project installations for accuracy and efficiency.
- Properly documents work performed in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Schedules jobs and personnel for work within their region. Advises upper management if there is any downtime or off-time for project managers or technicians.
- Maintains daily completion of safety review with onsite installation personnel.
- Follows safety policies for safe work.
- Completes site walks and surveys site conditions.
- Coordinates installations with the Customer.
- Makes recommendations to the Administration about hiring/firing employees based on job performance.
- Ensures their workforce is performing work to the latest and correct standards as set forth by both Pierson Wireless and our Customers.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Operates company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe manner and follow all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Submits receipts and expense records.
- Abides by all policies and procedures as identified in the Pierson Wireless handbook.
- Is cross-trained to lend support other Pierson Wireless staff and departments.
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. cleaning, moving, fabrication, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises Technician Levels 1, 2, 3, and Project Manager and Contractors employees within the operations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5-10 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required:
- Valid driver’s license required.
- OSHA 10 hour certified.
- PMP Certified (Preferred).
- First Aid/CPR Certification.
- Computer skills required: Contract Management Systems; Google Suite; Microsoft Office Suite; Project Management Software, equipment specific platforms from Anritsu, Walk testing software.
- Other skills required:
- Weekend and night work required as scheduled by management.
- 3 years of on-job training.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with RF in-building systems.
- Regional management capabilities.
- Established relationships with potential Customers in their region.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of carrier networks: CDMA, UMTS, LTE, future service applications, characteristics, and capabilities.
- Good knowledge or at least basic understanding of network implementations and integrations including deployment, access, core, and transport service networks.
- Good knowledge and capabilities using industry required testing platforms including cable sweeping, PIM testing, fiber testing, and spectrum analysis tools.
- Knowledge of a variety of DAS platforms including JMA, Solid, Commscope ADRF, and
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
Medical, Vision and Dental insurance – EMPLOYER pays 100% of employees’ premiums
EMPLOYER provided Short term / Long term disability, Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment after 1 year
401(k) retirement savings with employer match – eligible at 1 year
Meal stipend while traveling
Paid travel time
* Full job description available upon request.