Summary of Position
Responsible for supporting the field market teams (Market Managers, Market/Project Foreman and Technicians) with the technical deployment of Pierson Wireless products and services, which include Tier 1 technical support of RF troubleshooting, general system troubleshooting, tools support, system commissioning, optimization, and performance-related testing. Reports to Field Support Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains open and accurate communication with project supervisors and subordinates.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Follows safety policies for safe work.
- Complete site walks and surveys site conditions.
- Utilizes RF related equipment for site coverage review and determine limitations and boundaries of the systems.
- Works with onsite personnel to improve all aspects of system performance, creates documentation, and improves processes.
- Performs RF optimization techniques for a wide range of OEM and technologies.
- Performs remote assistance to onsite personnel for system troubleshooting and optimization.
- Interfaces with Pierson Wireless’ Customers.
- Ensures systems are designed to the latest and correct standards as set forth by both Pierson Wireless and its Customers.
- Properly documents work performed in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Operates company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe manner and follow all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Submits all receipts and expense records.
- Abides by all policies and procedures as identified in the Pierson Wireless handbook.
- Is cross-trained to lend support other Pierson Wireless staff and departments.
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. cleaning, moving, fabrication, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- The position requires 50% travel and overnight lodging supporting and working with our regional teams. Primary days of travel are Monday through Friday.
- Full-time position which will typically involve 50 hours a week.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required:
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Google G-Suite proficiency
- Other skills required/preferred:
- BS or Master’s degree in Engineering or Physics (Preferred).
- Working knowledge of RF behavior required.
- OSHA 10 hour certified (Preferred).
- 1+ years of relevant industry work experience (Preferred).
- 1+ years of IBWAVE experience (Preferred).
- Solid interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to represent the company to external Customers.
- Working knowledge of service networks: GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, LTE, EVDO and the service applications characteristics and capabilities.
- Working knowledge of a variety of DAS OEMs including: Corning, TE Connectivity, Commscope, SOLiD, and JMA.
- Working knowledge of walk testing equipment and system testing equipment including: WINd, Spectrum Analyzer, OTDR, Fiber Scope, and PIM Tester.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually exposed to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 60
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance – EMPLOYER pays 100% of employees’ premiums
- EMPLOYER provided Short term / Long term disability, Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment after 1 year
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match – eligible at 1 year
- Meal stipend while traveling
- Paid travel time
- Paid training/certifications
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays