Summary of Position
Install, maintain and repair wireless communications solutions under the direction of Project Foreman or Market Manager. Completing site walks to determine best installation routes and surveys site conditions; installing and connectorizes cabling per construction drawings provided for each job; completing jobsite documentation and other paperwork as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs antennas and mounts electronic equipment per iBwave and/or construction drawings.
- Is properly certified and operates hand-tools, various man-lifts, and test equipment as necessary for proper cable and equipment installation.
- Provides completed tests results to evidence proper installation by contractors.
- Maintains open and accurate communication with market manager, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Maintains daily inspection, maintenance, adjustment, and repair of equipment.
- Provides updates to Market Manger and/or Project Foreman and reports showing proper installation and testing.
- Conveys project timelines and coordinates with contractors and Customers.
- Maintains daily completion of safety review.
- Follows safety policies for safe work and works with Regional Safety Representative on any safety issues or concerns.
- Properly installs and terminates various coaxial, Cat5e, Cat6, fiber optic, ground and low voltage power cables per manufacturer standards.
- Mounts equipment per Pierson Wireless and manufacturer standards.
- Sets up racks and other equipment mounting structure.
- Uses fiber optic and RF test equipment to ensure proper equipment installation.
- Maintains labeling and documentation of all installed systems.
- Properly documents work performed in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Travel may be required during a normal business week Monday thru Friday.
- Weekend and night work may be required to complete closeout packages or other job-related construction and paperwork.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Operates company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe manner and follow all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Submits all receipts and expense records.
- Abides by all policies and procedures as identified in the Pierson Wireless handbook.
- Is cross-trained to lend support other Pierson Wireless staff and departments.
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. cleaning, moving, fabrication, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations required/preferred:
- Valid driver’s license required.
- OSHA 10 hour certified (preferred)
- OSHA 30 hour certified (preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Other skills preferred:
- Telecommunications experience (preferred)
- Low voltage cable installation experience (preferred)
- Anritsu certification (preferred)
- Fiber optic fusion splicing experience (preferred)
- Stable work history
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently works in high, precarious places
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Ariel lifts, RF Testing Equipment
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance – EMPLOYER pays 100% of employees’ premiums
- EMPLOYER provided Short term / Long term disability, Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment after 1 year
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match – eligible at 1 year
- Meal stipend while traveling
- Paid travel time
- Paid training/certifications
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays