SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Seeking a highly motivated individual with strong accounting background – Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting and CPA license. 5+ years of experience in the construction industry or similar field is also highly recommended. A highly personable individual who is able to integrate with our current team and build off of current processes and responsibilities; providing suggestions and improve procedures in all aspects of the accounting team’s responsibilities; managing all aspects of financial and operational reporting, providing timely and accurate financial statements to ownership; goals to help implement and lead the company’s budgeting/forecasting processes; collaborating with other departments in the company to seek opportunities to drive business results. Our team has a laid-back, team-oriented environment focused on providing information and demonstrating professionalism at the highest level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains open and accurate communication with project installation teams, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Assists with any and all accounting functions.
- Coordinates with external accounting firm as necessary.
- Interfaces with Pierson Wireless’ Customers.
- Properly documents work performed in Pierson Wireless’ project management cloud solution.
- Weekend and night work occasionally required if tight timeframes come up.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Operates company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe manner and follow all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Submits receipts and expense records.
- Abides by all policies and procedures as identified in the Pierson Wireless handbook.
- Is cross-trained to lend support other Pierson Wireless staff and departments.
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. cleaning, moving, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises our team within the accounting department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in finance from an accredited college or university.
- CPA License.
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry or similar field (recommended but not required).
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 10 pounds
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Meal stipend while traveling
- Paid travel time
- Paid training/certifications
- Education reimbursement